Monday, September 9, 2013

Ukraine here we come

WE GOT OUR DATE: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9, 2013


I received a phone call this morning from our state side helper with our appointment date.  I was so excited and overwhelmed at the same time.  Finally the date we've been waiting for, but now I've got some planning to do!  First move run downstairs and tell my husband who is "trying" to work and is on the phone why I'm jumping up and down in front of him.  Next I jump on the computer and start looking up flights.  We've decided to drive to New York since Jacob will be staying with family because the flights out of NY are more direct.  I call the travel agent and book the flights, it's so surreal...thought this day would never come!




So now that our application is approved, and we received an invitation to visit the DAP.  When we arrive in Ukraine, the DAP will show us Lera's file (very limited information about her I'm sure).  The DAP then issues a letter of referral to allow us visit the orphanage to meet and establish contact with the child. Along with the letter of referral, we will be given our documents, bound, numbered, sealed, and signed by an official in charge of the DAP, with a separate sheet specifying the number of pages and the prospective parents' registration file code.  Sounds very official!

No comments:

Post a Comment