Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Prayers for Boston

 
 

Our hearts go out to the people of Boston...

 
It is a sad reminder of the world we live in when an attack is aimed at innocent men, women and children enjoying a Spring day out at a major sporting event. The bombings are shocking, cowardly and horrific. I can't help but think of Lera at a time like this, as her life has been full of fear and uncertainty for many years. Children should be allowed to be children to live without fear, concern, stress, or anxiety.
 
I lived in New York during 9/11, I was a college student and I remember the uncertainly and fear I felt.  My mother worked at the World Financial Center which is connected with the World Trade Center.  I could not get a hold of her by phone.  My sister and brother were in elementary school at the time and so I race to get them.  They had lots of questions especially about my mother and I did not have any answers for them.  It wasn't until late in the afternoon when my mother came through the door that we knew she was okay.  She had got out the back of the building and taken a ferry boat to New Jersey, she then had to walk all the way home, which took hours.  The sense of relief was immeasurable.
 
Boston and New York are proud cities built on history, tradition, and a real sense of community.  I cannot wait to bring Lera home to a community that already loves her.  For her to feel connected for the first time to a family, friends, and a God whose dream for her life is so much greater than she could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment